RESTORED POST-AND-BEAM ARCHITECTURAL IN LAUREL CANYON
This 4BD/3.5BA 3,180 sq.ft. mid-century modern in Laurel Canyon offers today’s conveniences alongside great examples of 1950s post-and-beam originality. Located in the highly sought-after Wonderland School District, this residence was recently restored and features gleaming porcelain floors inside and out, a sky-lit double-door entry area, a large living area with soaring ceilings, clerestory windows, and a white brick fireplace, and an adjacent den/office area. The home’s spacious dining area is bordered by glass on three sides, taking in dramatic canyon views. A custom kitchen has a massive skylight, top-of-the-line (including Bertazzoni) stainless-steel appliances, quartz counter tops, wrap-around island (seats 6), and custom walnut cabinetry. Off the kitchen is a mud room/pantry that leads to the home’s attached 2-car garage. A powder room makes entertaining in these public rooms more convenient. And speaking of entertaining: Over 1,500 sq.ft. of decks, patios, and outdoor spaces surround the house and define the California lifestyle of indoor-outdoor living. There’s even room for a pool on the 7,585 sq.ft. lot.
Lofty ceilings and walls of windows and glass doors continue in the upstairs primary bedroom suite. Views of the Hollywood sign and the surrounding mountains can be seen from the bedroom’s ample private patio. A gleaming spa-like bathroom has two sinks, a stone tub, large shower enclosure, and plenty of storage.
Dueling for the top bedroom spot in this home is another suite downstairs, also with an enclosed patio, plenty of closet space, and a well-appointed bathroom with two sinks and a step-in shower enclosure. Two additional main-floor guest rooms have access to a bathroom with a tub/shower combo and lots of storage. Side-by-side laundry machines with folding counter, too.
The house sits at the end of a cul-de-sac, which delivers an unusually big dose of privacy and solitude for the area. Plentiful street parking. Minutes to Laurel Canyon Blvd. or Sunset Blvd.
- Highly-desirable Wonderland School District
- Close to all the area has to offer
- 4BD/3.5BA 3,180 sq.ft. mid-century modern in Laurel Canyon
- Recent restoration highlights great examples of 1950s post-and-beam originality
- Custom windows throughout and custom wood sliding doors
- Porcelain floors inside and out
- Open floor plan creates great flow among living, office/den, dining, and kitchen areas
- Custom kitchen (and bathroom) cabinetry
- Top-of-the-line appliances including Bertazzoni cooktop, oven, and convection/microwave oven
- Gleaming quartz counters
- Over 1,500 sq.ft. of outdoor decking and patio (covered) spaces for entertaining
- Two primary bedroom suites (both with double sinks)
- Two additional guest rooms with bathroom access
- Powder room
- Mud room/pantry
- Direct-access 2-car garage
- Laundry area with side-by-side machines and folding area