THE ARROWHEAD HOUSE ON LAKE HOLLYWOOD
The Arrowhead House floats above Lake Hollywood and below the Hollywood sign. Sounds like a dream...or at least a dream location. But 3030 Arrowhead Drive in Hollywood California is a reality, and fits that dreamy description. This exemplary example of mid-century modern architecture features three bedrooms (including a master suite with city lights views) and three bathrooms (including one with pool access).
The residence's public rooms include a spacious, sky-lit entry (with office nook), an open floor plan combining living, dining, and kitchen (with stainless-steel center island), and banks of floor-to-ceiling sliding-glass doors that bring the outdoors inside. Los Angeles life at its best includes as much time outdoors as possible. Here, at the Arrowhead House, there's no better way to live the California dream--indoors melds with outdoors. Amenities under the sun and the starry night sky include a sparkling salt-water lap pool and spa, a covered outdoor cabana with an outdoor fireplace, and a wrap-around deck for entertaining or lounging. Admire endless and unobstructed views of city lights, Lake Hollywood, the surrounding hills, and the iconic Hollywood sign.
Drought-tolerant landscaping gives the front and rear land a native--yet lush--quality. Over 2,000 Agave plants are in residence here, along with other water-saving landscape elements. And speaking of efficiency, the Arrowhead House has two solar systems, making use of its full-sun South-facing exposure. One system feeds the home's electrical system, the other heats the pool and spa.
Luxury lives side-by-side with practicality here. Sumptuous finishes, gleaming surfaces, glamorous lighting and fixtures, and three fireplaces take this mid-century modern to mid-century masterpiece. Once in a decade comes a triple-threat offering like this one, with its views of the lake, its iconic architecture, and its high design. Now is that moment, in this decade: Welcome to the Arrowhead House.
- VIEWS: Landmarks like Lake Hollywood and its dam, the Hollywood Sign, a protected green belt of hills, city light, the Pacific ocean, and Catalina Island
- ARCHITECTURE: Mid-century modern design, open floor plan, and vast amount of natural light
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR LIVING: An appealing flow from inside to outside, extensive walls of glass
- Roof replacement, 2003
- Limestone flooring installed, 2003
- New sliders and windows/skylights, 2003 and 2010
- 3 remodeled bathrooms (2 en suite, one with steam shower) 2003, 2013
- 3 gas fireplaces (2 interior, 1 exterior) • New washer dryer units, July 2017
- New HVAC system and ducts, 2011
- New water heater, 2014
- Kitchen renovation, 2003
- Incorporated atrium and front of house to existing interior, 2005
- New copper and PVC plumbing upgrades, 2003
- Solar (electricity), 2007 (lease)
- Solar (pool), 2009 (owned)
- 55’ salt water lap pool/spa, 2003
- New pool decking (custom concrete pavers), 2010
- Pool remodel, 2010 (new coping, plaster, equipment, deck, plumbing)
- Cabana addition, 2005
- Hardscape/landscaping/irrigation systems, 2003